Kia and Achloryn have a WoW Wedding

Kia's story of how she met Achloryn is no secret, and one of the many romances that I have heard that came from meeting someone in game.   So when she posted this on her blog recently, I was quite excited!


So the tricky part for me was - how do I get a level 1 toon to Grizzly Hills?  I decided to log on 2 hours beforehand at least so I could make my way by corpse running 20 yards at a time or so.

When I logged on I saw Kia on her priest, but she was AFK, but there was also someone else on whose name I recognised - Asherrylie, from Priest All the Things (but who hasn't blogged in a while, and whom I also follow on Twitter), was on and I whispered her in excitement which she responded in kind!  She kindly let me take a picture of her, in Exodar, and then she kindly offered to run me to the wedding spot in Grizzly Hills.  I took a picture of her as we waited on the boat, where it looked like I was wearing her like a hat.


It was an eventful trip.  We rode her mammoth and took the adventurous way which ended up with a lot of deaths.

I got stuck when we were on this bridge!  We were just too big to pass!  I was scared some mob was going to come and massacre me.
 

Finally, we were in Grizzly Hills.  And oh, this log was a beautiful place to have a wedding!  I logged off there and waited for the right time.   A big thank you to Asherrylie for helping me with that! :) And for giving me a draenei robe to wear for the wedding instead of my awful level 1 starter clothes!


When I logged back in a few hours later, I could see everyone online, but I couldn't see anyone!  I panicked - had I missed it?  But Kia told me that they were on the OTHER side of the log.  I rushed over, but I was too low level to be invited to the raid.  I was attacked and killed by a wolf, and so I was deposited on a rock by Quinasha so I could stay safe and watch the proceedings.  I saw a number of familiar faces, and waved to them all.











 


 









Sorry for the screenshot spam!  But I wanted to remember each part of it, so I took screenshots with all the talking and somehow managed to miss the "I do" at the end!  There was drinks and kegs and food and cakes at the end, none of which I could eat but there was dancing and lots of sparkly spell effects.


And here I am with the newly married couple.  Aren't they gorgeous?  Congrats to Kialesse and Achlorynn/Fuzzbum and it was a wonderful ceremony - and my first WoW Wedding!  Thanks for letting me come, it was such a wonderful experience and I have to put all these pics up so I will never ever forget it!

Comments

  1. That was cool!

    And who knew a Draenei officiated ceremony could be so wild and kinky? They look so.... Serious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spacegoats are clearly more fun than they sound!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a grand event. Congrats to the newlyweds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a nice turnout and only one horde flagged who turned up way aftee the ceremony ended.

      Delete
  3. Love seems to be in the air! http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/07/28/around-azeroth-holy-matrimony/

    What a wonderful post Navi - and you know me, I can't let well enough alone...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful ceremony and such a beautiful spot to have it! Thanks for being their wedding photographer and sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an honour to have been allowed to go! Oh and I felt bad I didn't bring a present....

      Delete
  5. How lovely! Your pics are great! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The whole thing was quite unique and lovely!

      Delete
  6. Such a great ceremony. Love that you captured the whole spoken part. Thanks for sharing, and many happy years to the newlyweds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shawndra! I wanted to make sure I remembered it, it might be a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to see a wedding in WoW!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(