Mataoka and Navimie's Friday Fished-up-Wish Fables : Landro


We're up to our usual mischief once again! These may not be true 'fables' but all is fair in love and alliteration. Fridays will find our blog filled with the stories behind the coins fished from the fountains, and sewers, of Dalaran. Be careful what you wish for, dear readers!


"So what do I do with this?" asked the Night Elf hunter, waving the card at the gaudily dressed goblin.

The goblin regarded him with a bored expression.  "Do you see that panel?"

The night elf stared in puzzlement at the card.

"Here."  Landro jabbed a green finger at the unscratched grey panel at the base of the card.  "Scratch here with a coin.  A copper one will do, the smaller the better."

The night elf looked crestfallen.  "I don't have a coin.  This was a gift."

Landro patted his pockets, as he searched for a coin.  "Sparks and jibbers!" he exclaimed, snapping his fingers.  "I knew I shouldn't have thrown it into that stupid well in Dalaran."

Other coins in the series
Squire Rowe
Stalvan
Vargoth

Author's note: Landro Longshot is the goblin vendor found in Booty Bay that redeems the codes from the TCG cards.

Comments

  1. What is going on, yesterday your post made me go buy an album and after reading this I have an urge to go on eBay and buy TCG cards, subliminal messages? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Hmm what crazy message should I hide in the subtext tomorrow? :)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely perfect, Navi! Nailed it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(