Mourning the end of Arena teams

Most people would not mourn the loss of arena teams - opening up arena to an LFG type thing is probably something a lot of people would like, and would make some really competitive combinations.  I guess it's all part of the dwindling server disease and opening it up so you have more people to play with is part of the reason why we're in an MMO in the first place.

However, my arena team has been the same for a long time.  I have had the same arena partner since BC (Sev and I for 2s) and in the last year or so we had Shab joining us for arena in 3s.  We've had a fun time, and learned a lot from each other's playstyles, and though we are far from being pro, we have set aside time each season to make sure that we can play together, and I think we have all become better players for it. Shab has become the strategist and the dissector of our team game play, whereas I tend to be the potty mouthed punctuator (I do applaud my teammates for being able to distinguish the meanings of my varied ways of saying S**T and F**K).  Sev usually is the quiet one and when he starts swearing you KNOW it's something REALLY bad.  I still have not trained Sev's pet to stop line of sighting me with line of sighted enemy healers, but maybe one day...


We never did get a 1750 3s rating.  This was the highest our team ever got.  I think I screenshotted EVERY increment we got in rating until we got to this.  Next season we shall work on that!

But the real reason I am writing... is because tomorrow is the end of the arena season.  This season was different because it's the first season that I could actually purchase Elite gear - I was much more diligent with my conquest caps than I was with my valour cap.  Hell, I even earned more conquest this season than I did honour.  Aza told me that I should get out there and buy something while I still can.  However, much to my chagrin, there isn't really anything I would really like to buy.  Perhaps the shoulders... but even that's a bit of a stretch.  I feel like I should buy something as a souvenir of the season - but if I do that my precious bank space will be cluttered with even MORE junk.

So tomorrow, it's farewell to Void Hawks, and farewell to Shadow Wolves.  I know that I will still be able to play with Sev and Shab, and it won't affect our gameplay at all, but saying goodbye to my team just brings the hint on nostalgia that makes me wanna grab a tissue.

Void Hawks (on Tournament)



Comments

  1. I've been collecting my Conquest badges the hard way --running the random BG of the day-- and I'm not planning on spending anything on gear until the new gear is available. That means it's going to be not a helluva lot of fun in WSG or BoG, but I'll live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, can you save your conquest? I thought they do the usual thing and convert it to gold at the start of the patch... I will have to go read it up. Good luck Redbeard! Oh, and don't forget you can get conquest from doing dailies in Isle of Thunder too.

      Delete
    2. Not sure whether they will convert them or not, but I'd rather have the gold right now since I'm up to my ears in Honor and (due to the conversion) Justice.

      Delete
  2. I'll miss the old arena teams. :(

    I remember going to Nagrand to form the original Shadow Wolves almost six years ago ... a lot of pvp in that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double warlock team with a druid! Those were good times.

      Delete
  3. I've had the most fun in wow doing arena with you and Sev and I've enjoyed improving bit by bit. Hope it continues and we see higher ratings next season! Oh, and your picture makes me want to bring out my Murkimus again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And of course how can I forget to thank LUXY for giving us that aav addon so you can look at every single stuff up that I make and start lecturing me about it :P

      Delete
    2. That reminds me, my lecture ban is over!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(